Academic Practice Test
It is always better to be well prepared before your test, and it helps if you’ve familiarised yourself with the computer-delivered format of the test. Try out these sample materials to have an idea of what to expect in your computer-delivered IELTS Academic Reading and Writing tests.
Computer-delivered IELTS Academic Reading test
There is no difference in the content, format or level of difficulty and scoring of the computer-delivered IELTS test. The type of Academic Reading questions asked, thus, remain the same as in the paper-based test:
- Multiple Choice
- Identifying Information (True/False/Not Given)
- Identifying a Writer’s Views/Claims (Yes/No/Not Given)
- Matching Information
- Matching Headings
- Matching Features
- Matching Sentence Endings
- Sentence Completion
- Summary Completion
- Note Completion
- Table Completion
- Flow-chart Completion
- Diagram Label Completion
- Short Answer Questions
You can be asked any of these question types in any of the three parts of your test. Given below is a selection of sample Academic Reading test questions for you to practice. Once you’ve attempted these sample tests, you can refer to the answer keys provided to check your answers.
While attempting the sample tests, In each sample, you will have some time to look through the questions before the recording starts, and some time at the end to check your answers.
Computer-delivered IELTS Academic Writing Test
There is no difference in the content, format or level of difficulty and scoring of the computer-delivered IELTS test. The type of Academic Writing questions asked, thus, remain the same as in the paper-based test:
- In Part 1, you are presented with a graph, table, chart or diagram and are asked to describe, summarize or explain the information in your own words. You may be asked to describe and explain data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event.
- In Part 2, you are asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
Sample Academic Writing test questions are given below. Sample responses with band scores and examiner comments are also provided.